17 October 2011

Facets of Fuschia was pretty while it lasted

Yesterday I gave my girl a mani. Her Ruby Kisses "All Purpled Up" was all tuckered out! I admit, I was a bit jealous. I wish I could paint my own nails as nicely as I was able to do hers.

My daughter and her OPI "All That Razz-Berry"
While we were waiting for her nails to dry, I did my own with Revlon "Facets of Fuschia". I forgot my base coat, did three quick + thick coats, and topped it with Poshe.
Revlon "Facets of Fuchsia"
Sadly, I wasn't 100% happy with the formula on this. It seemed thin and streaky and wasn't as opaque as I thought it would be. A couple hours after applying I dinged one of my fingers while putting on the lid of the crock pot and began to pick. The polish had never completely dried. It was still soft and squishy and sludged off when I picked at it rather than coming off in chips.

In total this color was on my tips for maybe five hours. I do like the color over all so I will likely give it another shot sometime.
"Facets of Fuchsia" in natural sun
Today is cold and grey and my nails will likely be painted in attempt to match the skies.

Happy Scratches!
carakitty   >^. .^<

No comments:

Post a Comment