13 July 2010

OPI Here Today ... Aragon Tomorrow

This rich, midnight forest green creme was introduced to us with OPI's La Coleccion De España in Fall of 2007. I thought this was a Limited Edition color and was amazed to see it at my local Target just a couple days ago so I gave it a new home. It was the last one of its kind and looked so lonely and sad ;).

NARS was supposed to do a re-release of their cult color "Zulu" and I had planned this mani and review to coincide with that event but NARS has pushed the launch to October now. I haven't heard why they chose to do this yet. I was looking forward to hearing about the formula in the re-release and also hoped to compare OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow to Zulu. I don't personally own Zulu yet, but perhaps I'll somehow get my hands on a bottle.

I am liking this more than I thought I would. When I saw swatches in the past I usually thought "so dark might as well just wear plain black" but now on my nails it looks greenish even indoors. There is a very slight shimmer to this color but to see it, claws need to be in bright sunlight. The application on this was not thrilling. The first coat was a little streaky and grainy in texture. The grains smoothed out in the second coat but it can be seen if the tips are viewed when lit from behind. This lacquer is wearing very well for me! I don't know if the Claw Fairy sprinkled some sort of dust or what, but the only thing I'm noticing after the fourth, yes FOURTH day of wearing this mani is some tip wear. This is amazing considering that usually by the second day I've managed to get a chip or two which then results in the mani getting picked and peeled off. I know, bad habit!


For this mani there was the usual coat of CND Stickey, two coats of color, and topped with Seche Vite.

*Disclaimer: These products were purchased by me*

1 comment:

  1. I think I am starting to love green polish more and more!

    ReplyDelete