16 October 2011

pink and black and some wisdom

Hello! Recently I started my day listening to Joy Division. I took my girl to school and upon returning home I started listening to the Pandora 80's Alternative station while doing my mani. This is the colorful creation which flowed as a result...

It is OPI Ridge Filling base coat, an old Revlon called "Strawberry Electric" followed by the black China Glaze crackle polish with one more coat of Strawberry Electric on top and Poshe to seal and dry it all. I wasn't expecting this to end up on my nails based on the mood I was in when I woke up but it ended up making me happy.

I really wish I could get together with the creative director of the L'oreal and Project Runway "Colors Take Flight" collection. I don't have a problem with basing a color collection around birds, but I am completely baffled as to how they can view a Cockatoo as charming, sophisticated, and enchanting. I haven't met a single Cockatoo yet who I would describe with those words! I would be more inclined to describe my cockatoo as audacious, which they have used for an Amazon. Regardless of that I still bought both nail colors of the Cockatoo palette just because I have a Cockatoo. Some may color me silly for that but I don't care!
L'Oreal Cockatoo's Wisdom, direct sunlight
With Cockatoo's Wisdom, I used two coats of the color and I absolutely loved the application on it! Very smooth, even coverage and nearly opaque in one coat. I also have Cockatoo's Mystery to try out.
Cockatoo's Wisdom and a cockatoo feather!
I loved the formula on this color so much that I'm wanting to go back and get the "Owl's Night" nail color. The online bottle pictures I've seen didn't impress me but I seem to have become infatuated with it since spying it in person. It is a near black base with metallic golden bronze shimmer which has a slight hint of green.

Happy Scratches!
carakitty   >^. .^<

No comments:

Post a Comment