31 August 2012

August Claws- Jade Frost and Anastasia

It's late here so I want to keep this post as short as possible but I don't want to put it off any more because it won't be August much longer!

I haven't been painting as much lately. My gel nails got removed because I didn't get to having them filled in time and they just started popping off one night as Mr. Kitty and I were watching an evening Rockies game.

So now I'm in recovery mode and today went out and bought a bottle of Instant Artificials and Gelous, to see if either of those will be helpful in my manicure routine.

As for the colors, there were a couple that I tried and they didn't last long enough for me to get a picture! They were an old Wet N Wild polish called "Jade Frost" and Zoya "Anastasia". Jade Frost is a frosty sage green. It was bountiful on brush stroke issues but it's still quite pretty. I wore it a long time ago, and these are the really old shots I took of it. These were from when I was a nail newbie and at the time had basic nail care down pretty well but didn't know jack about effective clean up!
26 October 2007! Taken at night with artificial light.
Morning sunlight
Zoya describes "Anastasia" as "A warm brown with strong purple tones with golden plum duochrome and heavy gold microglitter. Magical and versatile for sparkling fall beauty" I agree with the color being magical and versatile, and I see the gold microglitter in the bottle and on the nail. To me it is much more plum than brown though.

Well, well, what do you know? I do have old pictures of "Anastasia" hiding on my hard drive, also! These are from September of 2008. Both in the morning sun light but in different poses to show the color shift. The gold doesn't seem to show up as well in these shots but it is there, in real life!
Old Zoya Anastasia, morning light
Old Zoya Anastasia, morning light
I have no idea what happened to my recent "Anastasia" mani to make it die so quick. It never really dried completely. If the nails bumped into something they'd get a big dent and then I could make the polish just slide right off! If memory serves me correctly, back then I was using Seche Vite as my top coat but this time I used Poshe so I have a strong suspicion that there's some chemical incompatibility going on here. All Lacquered Up and Loodie Loodie Loodie have some great posts about this, which I will have to look up later.

That's all I have for now. There are three more colors I really want to show you but I just don't have it in me right now, sorry. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard here and the Labor Day weekend hasn't started, yet! I do promise to be back very soon to spam you nice, so please do come back!

Happy Scratches!
carakitty   >^. .^<

No comments:

Post a Comment