23 June 2012

OPI Metallic 4 Life

This is OPI "Metallic 4 Life" from the recent collaboration OPI did with Nicki Minaj. I have no idea who she is, but I liked the colors of the collection. I thought I had dupes of most of them already but my heart was still a little sad about the nasty black with silver glitter that I got from Hot Topic ages ago so I got this one. I am not saddened by M4L in the least! In fact, I like it much more than I expected. The glitter is really jam-packed into this one! It is all silver in a variety of sizes and not too chunky for my liking. The black base is of a somewhat jelly consistency and is sheer on the first coat but nearly completely opaque with the second coat.
My pose was already in full sun, but the flash went off regardless. My skin is washed out but the color of the polish is still accurate. I decided to bring out the macro lens to play and got some decent shots of the glitter. Please, click on the picture and treat yourself to seeing all this glittery bountifulness in larger than life mode! I love macro!
 Here is a bottle shot. This was taken with no flash and indirect sunlight.
I have been wanting to do a trial run of DIY false tips because I want to have length when I go to see my brother get re-married on the 4th of July. This weekend though, we are going to be very busy with weeding in the yard and washing the dog so it will have to wait. When I can get around to them, I will share! I might even be lucky enough to have someone offer to get me a salon mani, although the thought of it makes me kind of nervous.

Happy Scratches!
carakitty   >^. .^<

No comments:

Post a Comment