27 June 2012

OPI Shatter The Scales

Some people are tired of the shatter/ crackle/ textured trend, but I still rock it! I really like how it turns out different every time, the antique feel it can give to a mani, and seeing how different brands react. This time I wore OPI "Shatter The Scales" and it is my first OPI crackle polish. I love the color on it's own and wanted to emphasize it, so I just applied it right over my OPI Ridge Filling base coat.
The only shot I got of this was on my cell phone.
I found the OPI trickier to work with than the China Glaze and Sally Hansen crackles. I think the secret to this one is to apply it in thinner coats. I also plan to try it with a nude or sheer pink base instead of just the actual base coat to see if that helps too.

We're still working on getting the yard looking better and as a result my claws are looking worse! I don't think I'll have time to do my false tips before I leave for my trip. Time to research which nail goodies can be brought in which bags!

Happy Scratches!
carakitty   >^. .^<

No comments:

Post a Comment